Choosing a Landscape Designer
If you your home is not landscaped, consider having a design created. A beautiful and well-maintained landscape in front of the house not only looks good but enhances the overall beauty of the house. No matter whether you create a small or large landscape, it should be properly designed and nicely decorated. Let the layout of the landscape you choose complements the overall style of your house. However, if you do not have time or expertise in creating and designing a landscape, hire the services of a landscape designer. There are many landscape designers in your area, so, your concern can be how to determine the best and legitimate one. Here are some of the important tips that will help you find and choose the best landscape designer.
- Ask for referrals from your industrial friends and peers if they know any landscape designer in your area, the services of which they have recently hired. This would be a great way to choose a landscape designer as your friends and peers will recommend you some good designers. To find more designers in your area, you can go through the phone book or surf on the internet.
- To know about the past record of the landscape designers in your area, it is advisable to read the authentic testimonials of the clients on the websites of the potential designers. This will give you a clear picture of the service of the designers and the experience faced by the clients. You can also contact the clients directly in order to get an in-depth insight of the designers.
- Call the designers and collect quotes and estimates from them. Evaluate them and calculate with each other in order to determine the best deal. Do not choose one that offers you the highest estimates assuming that they will provide you with the best service. Remember that the highest estimate does not guarantee you the excellent service!
- Meet the representative of the designer in person. Explain him/her that what exactly you want in your landscape. Determine some of the important elements – what will you use your garden for? Are you looking to build a Lock stone driveway? Are you planning to install a water feature? Explain all these to the representative of the designer. This will give him/her a clear picture of what exactly needs to be done and will also enable him/her to give you a more accurate estimate.
- Take a note of the qualifications and experience of the designer. Ask them how long they have been in business. Make sure that the designer you choose has good expertise and skills in this field. Also, ensure that they have good knowledge and experience. They should be update with all latest designs and layouts and should be well equipped all modern technologies in designing a landscape.
- Read the contract carefully and see if all the essential points are included – the start and end date, the approximate estimate of the project, the insurance policy of the designer and many others. If you find any of these points are not included in the contract, contact the designer immediately.
We offer tips on how to hire the services of a landscape designer, ways to decorate a landscape, factors to consider when planning out the layout of the landscape, tips to landscaping in Toronto, the GTA and York/ Durham Regions.